Leadership is one of the most considerable topics in business and management essay writing. There are many theories of leadership and many authors have their personal points of view about this concept. If you need to make an uncommon and well-structured essay about leadership, you should learn about the proper organization of your process of writing.
Method #1: Find Your Own Approach
- Step One: Identify Your Audience. When you write an essay for oral presentation in front of your class, you should complete a slightly informal text that will attract attention of your mates. On the contrary, you ought to make a formal essay if you are supposed to hand it in to the teacher or the members of the admission commission. Thus, the style and tone of your leadership essay primarily depends on your listeners or readers.
- Step Two: Who Will Evaluate Your Essay? The quality and the style of an essay depends on the purpose of writing. If you compose your assignment for college, your work will be definitely scored. If you do this essay for a blog, you have freedom of thought and speech whereas no one will criticize your essay strictly.
- Step Three: Plan Your Leadership Essay. The foremost action is to make a schematic outline of your essay. You should make your mind about its content and idea. It is reasonable to brainstorm a few research questions that will play the role of the core of your text. Most often, students create three or four essay questions that help them observe the concept of leadership from several sides. In the end, you can try to make a thesis statement. In fact, its content will change after you research the problem of leadership professionally.
- Hint: Choose your own writing approach at once. Write your essay focusing on strictly theoretical information devoted to leadership and its types OR concentrate on the practical cases that illustrate different types of leaders in different situations. The sooner you decide, the more time you will have for your research.
Method #2: Understand the Phenomenon of Leadership
- Step One: Research the Term Profoundly. If you expect to complete a grand essay, you should read about leadership a lot. Visit your local library and find the authors that investigated this topic. It is wise to choose several authors who possess authentic opinions about the phenomenon of leadership. Make notes of their genuine ideas concerning the types of leaders and the place of leadership in business and management. Do not limit yourself with the books and periodicals. You can use e-books and online articles that reveal the problem from their original side.
- Step Two: How Do You Understand Leadership? When you learn something about leadership, you should define the role of leadership for yourself. Think about the image of a perfect leader and provide the reader with your arguments. Enumerate the most notable traits of character and skills for a great leader. You can analyze this concept from the point of view of business, management, politics, education and even family. Try to define the similarities between the leaders from these different fields. Make the image of the ‘universal leader’.
- Step Three: Write about Leadership from Your Personal Experience. Make your essay even more engrossing presenting your own experience related to leadership. Do you have distinct leaders among your friends or family? Have you ever tried to be a leader? What are the results of your efforts?
- Hint: After you provide the reader with the theoretical facts about the typology of leaders, introduce a paragraph devoted to the description of your personal experience as a leader. Try to connect your experience to the types of the leaders that have been mentioned in the theoretical part.
Method #3: Write Your Essay
- Step One: Prepare a Great Introduction. Your task is to make the reader interested in your essay. Write about the relevance of the topic of leadership and say that nearly every author has his own understanding of this term. Introduce a sound thesis statement that will illustrate the main idea of your paper. Enumerate the subsections and questions that build the concept of your text.
- Step Two: Complete the Main Body. The main part of your paper should be devoted to the analysis of the term ‘leadership’. Start with the theoretical presentation of this phenomenon and write down all the types of leaders suggested by the credible authors. You can continue your discussion with the personal understanding of the term and the role of leadership in your own life. Observe the problem from different angles.
- Step Three: Write a Good Conclusion. When you are through with the discussion, summarize your essay briefly. Enumerate the key points of your research and evaluate your contribution into the understanding of the concept of leadership.
- Hint: Write your essay accurately and deliberately. Make it logical and understandable. Every new idea should be placed into the new paragraph. Try to continue your previous thought plainly. Do not make rapid transitions from one problem to another. The reader can lose the point of your research.